I’m back, readers! Last week became unexpectedly busy at work. Things were just so hectic I unfortunately didn’t have time to write a post despite having some photos for recipes ready. This week is again busy at work and we’re also preparing to leave for a week long vacation on Friday morning!
We’ll be spending time on South Padre Island, TX. South Padre is a little over five hours from Houston and it’s well worth the drive. The beach is beautiful white sand and the water is clear and blue. I promise to come back with photos. I also prepped some posts for you while I’m gone.Between work and packing this week, easy dinners are on the table. I love sheet pan dinners because they’re quick and versatile in that you can combine whatever you have available in your fridge. Chicken with carrots, potatoes, broccoli, red bell pepper, red onion, [insert whatever you have in your fridge that you need to eat].
This particular sheet pan dinner takes a little more time, but is completely worth it. Instead of placing raw chicken directly in the oven you first brown all the sides in a pan on the stove top. It’s worth it. Believe me, it add so much flavor. I pair the chicken with a homemade honey and mustard sauce and some carrots, potatoes, and homegrown cherry tomatoes (items currently in my fridge that I need to consume before vacation). We also sautéed some garden green beans. These garlic truffle oil potatoes are probably my favorite thing to pair with this chicken. I make these potatoes on their own as a side, but in this sheet pan the juices from the chicken meld with the potatoes for an out of this world savory flavor.
Thank you, readers for being patient with my little blog! I hope you enjoy this recipe and please check back for some super easy and simple dessert posts next week.
Honey and Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus 1 tsp. for potatoes and extra for carrots and tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dry white wine or cooking sherry
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and with skin
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. truffle oil
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced or 3/4 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. multi-colored baby potatoes, cut in half if large
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, mustard, white wine, thyme, and honey.
- Pat chicken dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place potatoes on sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil, truffle oil, and mix with minced garlic. Place in oven for ~10 minutes while cooking chicken.
- In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook ~5 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook ~3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to sheet pan and drizzle with honey mustard mixture. Add carrots and tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in oven for ~10 minutes or until chicken is done.